Waste 2 Art Category Winners
2D Winner – Warrumbungle Skies – Allison Reynolds
3D Winner – The Hungry Wombat – Ava Hippisley
Functional Winner – Chandelier – Natasha Pallier
Building/large sculpture Winner – Beatnik Band – Gary Cooper
The Echidna Enigma – Kathy Hutt
High School Winner
Bob – Myah Cox and Savannah Robbins
Congratulations to all our winners moving on to the Regional Waste 2 Art exhibition. See you next year!
History – Waste to Art is a creative competition that has been active for over a decade. Its purpose is to have people think differently about what is waste, and what can be done with it.
The Warrumbungle Shire has not taken part in the competition for several years but with the resurgence of interest in recycling/upcycling/scrap art around the shire, it is time to shine a light on the amazing things our community can make with waste.
Competition – All members of the community of all ages are invited to take part in the competition. Schools are particularly welcome to incorporate the competition in their art/social sciences curriculum to have young people focus on the issue of waste and where it goes.
All entrants will receive a certificate and prize winners will win a special certificate or trophy.
Our Indigenous Heritage – a special prize will be awarded to the winner of this additional category. Open to all members of the community, it invites reflection and expression on the history and culture of Aboriginal life in the shire. This category can be won by any piece in any category of the competition.
Any Waste Is Eligible – This year’s theme waste is Aluminium and Steel cans, but any work made from any form of waste can be entered. If paper, textiles, plastic etc is your style then go for it!
Things to know –
- No entry fee
- A maximum of three entries per person
- Works to have been created in the last 48 months (2 years)
- Your work may be moved into a more appropriate category
- Judges decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into
- No commission on sales of work, but will incur a 5% transaction fee to cover financial institution costs and handling
- Building/Parts of Building/Large Sculpture category will be judged by photos provided by the entrant. You will be contacted by email to provide images closer to closing date.
- Further information in the terms and conditions or can be requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org